The recent and rapid change in temperature from 28C or so to around 14C has inevitably laid me low with a cold.
So, whilst I sniffle and sneeze away, and generally feel sorry for myself (any readers who know me will recognize the dreaded signs of “manflu…”) I thought I would set myself the task of listing ten reasons for visiting belgradestreets, the real streets that is, not the website…
So, here goes.
And, in no particular order.
1. There may not be the flash department stores that take pride of place in London, New York, Paris or Sydney. But where else can you find a shop dedicated to the sale of brushes – of all kinds, artists brushes, brushes to sweep the floor, toilet brushes…you name it…
2. Where else can a single espresso and glass of water last an hour or more amidst sparkling conversation?
3. Add to the list of shops, old sewing machines, black and white TV sets and remote controls…
4. Bookshops that are not part of a chain. Bookshops with a soul, with a heart. Bookshops with chandeliers. Bookshops that turn into pavement cafes at the first hint of sunshine.
5. Grafitti that would not look out of place in many galleries.
6. Rooflines to amaze and delight. Walk along any street in Belgrade and be ready to be amazed by the sculptures that adorn so many buildings.
7. I love doorways, window frames and arches.
8. How can every street support so many coffee shops and bars? Does anyone ever work?
9. The hustle and bustle of street vendors, CDs, flags, lace, popcorn, caps, the kiosks that sell newspapers, bus tickets, top up your mobile and more
10. And the people, why are Serbian people, men and women, so so beautiful?
The purpose of this post?
Tell me what you think are the ten best reasons for visiting belgradestreets…..
And, once again, thanks for visiting…